Register to Vote & Registration Changes
You are qualified to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be 18 years old on or before the day of the next General Election.
- If you are 17 and will be 18 on or before the General Election you may vote in the Primary Election for candidates only. (Not Issues)
- You have been a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election.
METHODS FOR REGISTRATION:
You may register in person at any of the following locations:
- The office of the Secretary of State or any of the 88 county boards of elections.
- The office of any deputy registrar of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- On-Line Registration
- Offices of designated agencies that provide public assistance or disability programs.
- Public Libraries.
- Public Schools or Vocational Schools.
- County Treasurers’ offices.
VOTER IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Every voter will be required to provide proof of identity before voting. The form of identification
you may use includes:
- Your current and valid photo identification card.
- Military identification.A copy of a current utility bill.
- A bank statement.
- A paycheck, government check.
- A government document showing your name and current address.